How to Install and Use the Location Picker (geolocation) with Easy Form Builder?
Easy Form Builder is an efficient tool for creating professional forms without the need for coding skills. With this plugin, you can easily create multistep forms by simply dragging and dropping your needs. In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing and using the Location Picker (Geolocation) plugin with Easy Form Builder.
- Setting Up Location Picker(maps) in Easy Form Builder
- Google Maps & Places
- How to add a location picker when creating the form
- Viewing Entry Location Data
To use the Location Picker (Maps) plugin, you need to sign up for the Google Cloud service and get $350 USD worth of credits, exclusively for our users. Click here to get credits. Note that you will need to enable billing on your account to use the Places feature. For more details on cost, check out Google’s pricing page.
Setting Up Location Picker (geolocation) in Easy Form Builder
Google Maps & Place
To set up Google Maps & Places within your forms, you will need to generate an API Key from your Google Developer Console. Here are the steps to follow:
Click on the New Project button to create a new project.
Notice: For accessing in Google Places requires your site to have an SSL certificate.
After creating your project, click the pencil icon to open up the key’s settings.
Click on the Create Credentials menu and select API Key.
In this section, you have to configure the following options:
- Configure the following options:
- Application Restrictions: To allow your API key to be used within Easy Form Builder, select the HTTP Referrers option.
2. After creating your project, click the pencil icon to open up the key’s settings.
3. Click on the Create Credentials menu and select API Key.
4. Configure the following options:
choose the HTTP referrers option, for that key to be used on websites.
This will reveal another dropdown, where you’ll need to select the specific APIs you’d like to restrict your key to.
From this dropdown, you’ll need to select the following APIs:
- Maps embed API
- Maps Static API
- Click the Save button to save your settings.
- Copy the value under the Key heading and paste it into the API Key field in your Easy Form Builder settings.
- Save your settings.
After saving your settings, you’ll be redirected to an overview of all available API keys. copy the value under the Key heading and head back over to your Easy Form Builder settings.
Within your Easy Form Builder settings, paste the API Key you just copied into the API Key field and save your settings.
Now that you’ve configured your Location picker (maps) settings, It is ready to use within your forms.
How to Add a Location Picker When Creating a Form.
To add a location picker to your form, follow these simple steps:
- Create a form and drag & drop the Location Picker onto the form.
You can observe how your form looks.
2. In the settings, set the Description, longitude, latitude, and points. Note that if you enter 1 in the points field, the user can only drop 1 mark. If you enter 2, the user can drop 2 marks on the map. If you enter 0, the user cannot drop any point on the map, and the form will show the longitude and latitude that the admin inserted in the setting.
Notice: if you enter 1 in the points field, the user could only drop 1 mark, and if you enter 2, the user could drop 2 marks on the map. And keep in mind if you enter 0, the user can’t drop any point on the map and the form will show the longitude and latitude that the admin inserted in the setting.
3. Save your form.
Viewing Entry Location Data
Once your client has submitted the form, you can view their exact location on Google Maps.
What more do you expect? Harry up, start with Easy Form Builder right now!