How to Create a File Upload Form in WordPress with Easy Form Builder
If you want to create a file upload form for your WordPress site, Easy Form Builder offers two file upload fields for users who want to create a file upload form. These file upload fields include:
- Simple file upload
- Drag-and-drop file upload with advanced settings
Both fields allow you to change the file upload size. The default maximum file upload size is 8 MB.
Step 1: Change the file upload size in your server
If you want to change the file upload size, you need to make the necessary settings in your server or hosting. Because there is no one-size-fits-all guide due to the variety of server management systems, you need to contact your server support and get guidance on how to increase the file upload size for you in the php.ini file.
Step 2: Enter the maximum file upload size in the Easy Form Builder
After making the necessary settings in the php.ini file, enter the maximum file upload size in the Simple File Upload or Drag-and-Drop File Upload settings field, as shown below.
Note that the number is in megabytes, and Easy Form Builder can upload files up to 500 megabytes.
Note: File upload restrictions are directly related to the server resources you have purchased. Therefore, make sure you select the size you enter and the settings in the php.ini file accurately and correctly.
Limiting file types in file upload in Easy Form Builder
The Drag-and-Drop File Upload field only allows you to select the file type. By default, there are 5 categories that you can choose from:
- All formats: Allows the user to upload any file with any extension they want on your server. These files are general extensions.
- Documents: The user can upload files such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
- Images: The user can upload image files with general extensions such as jpg and png, etc.
- Zip: The user can upload just .zip type files
- Media: The user can upload files such as video and audio with general extensions such as wav, mp3, mp4, etc.
- Customization: If you want the user to be able to upload only a specific extension, such as pdf, select this option. After selecting this option, a field will appear below with the title “Acceptable file types”. You can enter the allowed extensions you want in this input. Just make sure that if you want to allow multiple types of extensions, place a comma between them, as in jpg, png, pdf.
Finally, save the form and copy and paste the displayed shortcode on a page or post, and publish the page. This is how easy it is to create a file upload form in WordPress using Easy Form Builder.